Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nothing Tastes as Great as Thin Feels

This is a statement that I heard many times growing up if the conversation was on weight loss and motivation.

I have said it to myself so many times through my adult years.  And every time I said it to myself, I whole heartedly meant it.  Who wouldn't agree with this statement?

BUT....there was one problem with ALL the other times I told myself this. 



I hadn't experienced thin in a LONG time.  I didn't remember how it felt.  I knew it SHOULD feel great.  It PROBABLY felt great.

However, I KNEW that ice cream tasted great!



I KNEW that popcorn tasted great!



I KNEW that chocolate tasted great!

So, I went with what I knew.  And that's how I got to where I was as of August of 2010.  The heaviest I had EVER been. 

Today, I was thinking about how the last month and half have been hard for me when it has come to will power and tracking.  I have bounced back and forth between the same 6 pounds.  I have accounted part of this to the pressure I put on myself to reach my goal by Steamboat. 

I felt like I needed a break, which I understand is very common for runners who have prepared hard for a race/event. 

And I said this phrase to myself again.  Nothing tastes as great as thin feels.

And today, it meant something different to me. 

I may not BE thin yet, but I'm GETTING thin.


I KNOW what it feels like to be getting thin.



I KNOW what it feels like to be MAKING A CHANGE!

Do you know how mad I'll be if I ever am as big as I was a year ago?  I know that health and fitness is fun and what I need.  There is no reason for me to make choices like I did a year ago.  NONE! 

I have the knowledge now.

THAT is going to be what motivates me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment