Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How to Send Your Update, What to Track, Week 1's Deck of Cards Exercise

I'm getting so excited about the new challenge.  Our last one went so well and I had such a great response, I knew I had to do another one.  And while this one is a little longer than the first, I just couldn't stop it any further away from the holiday season.  We will


this challenge out and be looking FANTABULOUS this holiday season!  ;o)

I try to not make up TOO many rules for the challenge because above all, I want it to be fun.  However, in order to make it easier to track....I do need to make a few about the updates.

  • Please send your update/pictures either to my inbox on Facebook or to my personal email address:  jlstanley34@live.com
    • This helps me not have too many places to check for updates and not miss any.
  • For Walking/Running/Biking - report MILES....this is how you will get the bulk of your points.
  • If an exercise is reported without miles, it will be considered "Other Exercise".
  • Update for team can come in one email or seperate per person, but please send individual totals...I will combine for the tracker.
  • I will keep the running total...you just need to send me the info for the last completed week.

Your update should include:
  • Miles and what they were for (w/r/b).
  • Any pictures you want to submit. 
  • Any other exercise you did (was it group or non-group)
  • Anything else you would like me to know (let me know if you don't want me to share something in my blog.  Sometimes people just want to share successes with me that they think are too personal.)

DECK OF CARDS EXERCISE!!!!!

The exercise has been picked for WEEK 1



In this deck of cards.....The Spade stands for what I call......Scissor Planks (cause until a few hours ago, I had no other name for them), but they can also be called planks with side leg touch.

And of course since the 9 card was drawn.....You guessed it!  We have to do 9 planks...


I hope to do some of my own videos...but I needed one right now and my floor isn't good for it and the grass is wet  ;o)  So, I made do. 

You can either be on your hands or your elbows.  Be sure to be pulling your stomach in tight.  Then you are going to just start stepping to the left or right and then back to the center.  Doing each side equals 1.  So counting like they did in the video.  1, 1; 2, 2;

You can do this as many times as you want through the week.  The idea is just that we find a way to incorporate core or arm exercise.  I know that it will help me work on some of these things....and I know I need it!!!!

Send a pic of you doing your deck of card exercise and it is worth a point.  Send 2 pics, one of each of you, and get 2 points!


No comments:

Post a Comment