Sunday, August 14, 2011

Progress/Run

I've got a lot to post about....we'll start with 2nd week of progress reports....

For this week, I'm going to compare to the week before...


June 29, 2011 - August 5, 2011



August 6, 2011 - August 11, 2011
 Here you can see that I did excellent when it came to tracking how much of the aspects of a healthy diet I consumed.  Met my water and activity requirements 5 days out of the week.  Tracked dairy 5 out of the 7 days and vegetables 6 out of the 7.



Here is the comparison of my points tracked from one week to another.  As you can see that I tracked every day as opposed to the week before.  4 out of the 7 days I stayed below my daily points.  Remember that I have a weekly allowance and activity points to earn as well as my daily points.



Because I wasn't consistently tracking prior to this past week, the first chart regarding weekly and activity points is not accurate.  The second is very accurate.  I used all my weekly points, but only 5 of my activity points.  I must say though, earning 59 activity points in a week is something...Almost 2 full days of daily points or another whole weekly allowance.

So for this week I lost another .4.  I think I need to be better about not weighing myself throughout the week.  I know that it is strongly encouraged by weight watchers to only weigh yourself once a week on weigh day.  And for the most part I do agree with this rule, as it is meant to not get people discouraged if they are not seeing the results they think they should. 

However, I have a different problem.  I weigh myself everyday.  I will see awesome progress that keeps me motivated throughout the week.  For example, as of Thursday I was showing a 2.2 pound loss for the week.  Then on Friday, my weigh day, I only was showing a .4 loss.  Ugh!  So, I haven't weighed myself this weekend.  I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and then not again until Friday. 


I met Naomi for our 3rd weekly Sunday walk/run.  My friend Natasha joined us for the first time.  It had pretty much been decided that we would be running at least part of the way.  I haven't ran in a couple of weeks so on my way there I was trying to think of excuses to not run.  As I told Naomi and Natasha, my inner critic kept telling me that my knees hurt and that I didn't want to hurt them further.  My inner coach was telling me that I was just scared and that I knew I could do it.  Even if it didn't go well, I knew I would survive.



My inner coach won out and I am so glad that it did.  We ran a mile before I even realized it.  And then 1.7.  when we reached that point, we were to a more tough part of the route and Naomi had already ran 3.7 miles (she ran to the meeting spot). 

We walked 2 miles and then ran the last .3 miles so that we could say that we ran 2 full miles.  As always, the last part of the run was hard for me because I always have trouble starting again once I've stopped. 

But the fact that I ran period felt awesome!  But now I'm torn.  I love the feeling that I have when I can say that I ran.  But, running consistently to try to improve makes me take away time from my other favorite exercise, Turbo.  So, I'm going to have to work out a way to do both.  Both things make me feel incredibly happy.

It had been my plan to also blog about my banana split pie; however, this blog got a little long so I will blog about the pie tomorrow  ;o) 

Hope that everyone has a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment