Saturday, August 6, 2011

Getting Back on Track and a Whole New Accountability

Most of you know that I had a big revelation on Tuesday.  

Since then I've been pretty much on track.  People have mentioned certain foods that normally I would be like, "OH!  I WANT THAT" but instead have just been, "That sounds okay." 

I have still allowed myself to have my higher point weekends.  Since my weigh day is on Friday and I workout the hardest Monday through Thursday, I'm going to make up for it.  And I am always within the Weight Watchers guidelines, making sure that I use my weekly allowance points and activity points appropriately.

So, I've decided to start showing my Weight Watchers progress reports on the weekends after a weigh in. 


This one shows how I used my points for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks for the week.  As you can see, I was bad about tracking on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  See how good I got after the epiphany?  LOL

For those not familiar with Weight Watchers, everyone is given a daily target for points to use.  Mine is 31.  Although I don't know the exact formula, I know it contributes age, current weight, gender, and some other aspect I can't remember. 

Then EVERYONE is given the same amount of Weekly Allowance Points to use as they wish.  If you know you have a party that week and are going to need all the help you can get, save them all for that event.  If you know you always go over your daily allowance, split them equally throughout the week.  If you want to use as little as possible, or even none, you can do that too.

Then there are also activity points, which you earn based on your exercise.  You can set the system up to either use them on the day they are earned or only use them after you've used all of your weekly points.  In my head, points are points are points so it doesn't matter how you set this up.  However, if playing mind games with oneself, I can see where waiting to use your activity points until you've used all your weekly ones up could be beneficial.  You can not earn MORE weekly points, so once they are gone they are gone.  If you have the system set up to only use your activity points after your weekly are gone, you may use less extra points all together.

Points for a food is calculated by the number of grams of FAT, FIBER, CARBS, AND PROTEINS in ONE serving of a particular food.



This one shows how I was in getting all the aspects of a healthy diet in.  Smiley faces mean I actually got my daily requirement.  I'm usually pretty good in the water and dairy department.  In fact I could be considered an over acheiver at this point in the water department.  Again, this is the week that I came in to my A-hah moment, so I wasn't being very good at tracking.



This one breaks down the Weekly Allowance and Activity Points.   I'm pretty sure this one isn't accurate simply due to the fact that I didn't track on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.

Now, for the next one, you will see that I've done some alterations to it.  I'm just not ready to tell you all how much I weigh now and where I started.  ;o)  I know I actually have given enough information in my posts from time to time, but I've never actually come out and said it.  I will eventually, but just not now  ;o)


You'll notice that I hit my 10% target a while ago...YAY me!!!

The star there on the line was when I had lost another 5 pound increment.  I stayed pretty even for a while, had a little bit of a gain (I say little, but I think the biggest I've had in a one week period ever) and then went down, a little up (truely a little this time) and now I'm on a steady downward slope. 

Hopefully sharing these charts once a week will help me stay accountable.  I know that when I go to take a bite of something I will think, "Do I want to tell people I ate this?"  And if the answer is no, I won't eat it.  and I know that when I think about going to bed without tracking I'll have to remember that when the weekend comes, I'm going to be posting a chart that has empty days.....

So, let's see how this goes  ;o)  At any rate, I'm feeling rejuvinated in my journey.  Thanks for coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment