Saturday, August 20, 2011

Recipe Review - Cool Cottage Cheese Dip with Veggies

My friend Caitlin and I were sitting at the Riverplex chatting before Turbo on Tuesday night and another friend, Jenny, who is a Registered Dietician for OSF brought us over a snack.  It is sooooo simple, but soooooooooo delicious!  So this recipe is courtesy of OSF  ;o)


I know it doesn't look incredibly exciting, but the seasoning which you can't see is what makes it!

Ingredients:

2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
3 tbs. chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
Whatever veggies you would like to eat with it.

Directions:

In medium bowl, mix all ingredients, except veggies
Drain excess water from mixture and serve with veggies



Most people know that bell peppers are my veggie of choice.  The first time I had this recipe it was with cucumbers, but I think it would also be delicious with carrots. 

So, to my Weight Watcher friends, the whole recipe is only 7 points.  The 3 servings I had above were only 2 points. 

I am very excited about making this a staple in my house  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Those are all ingredients I have in the kitchen often. I look forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete