Monday, August 15, 2011

Hungry Girl Recipe Review - Banana Split Pie

Okay friends...here is the review that I've been promising...

I'm glad that I waited till today, cause my opinion has changed a little bit.  I'm going to apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures.  I don't know why, but I just couldn't get good ones. 

Ingredients:

3 cups of light vanilla ice cream (I used Breyers Smooth and Dreamy Vanilla Bean)
2 cups of fat free cool whip
1 sugar free chocolate Jell-O pudding cup
Strawberries
Banana (s)



Spread the 3 cups of vanilla ice cream in a large pan. 

Slice strawberries and press onto the top of the vanilla ice cream.  The recipe actually called for 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, but I didn't meausre as the fruit in the pie isn't any points for me on Weight Watchers.



Combine the 2 cups of fat free cool whip with the one cup of chocolate pudding.  Spread on top of the strawberries and ice cream.

Slice the bananas and spread on top of the cool whip/pudding mixture...recipe called for 2, but I only used 1. 

Drizzle chocolate syrup on the top.


Freeze for 4 hours or over night.  When ready to eat, take out of the freezer and let sit for about 5 minutes.  Cut into 8 to 9 pieces.




Here is how I am going to change it next time.  I will use a strawberry flavored ice cream topping instead of fresh strawberries.  I know this is going to add points to my recipe, but strawberries do not thaw out at the same speed as the other ingredients.  So, they are still rock hard and don't have a taste. 

The first day we ate the pie after that first 5 minute sitting.  However, yesterday Josh put the pan back in the freezer but his piece in the fridge and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  This let it thaw out a little more and was tastier.  I still don't like the frozen strawberries, but I tried Josh's trick today and it was MUCH more enjoyable. 

We will make it again soon  ;o)

Oh!  For my Weight Watcher friends, if you get 8 or 9 pieces then this is only 3 points  ;o)






No comments:

Post a Comment