Saturday, September 3, 2011

2nd Review of Cheeseburger Mac Attack Recipe/Point Scenarios for WRB Challenge

Back on May 7, 2011, I posted a blog entry that contained my review of a Hungry Girl Recipe that I had been so excited to try.  I tried the Cheeseburger Mac Attack recipe on a Saturday that my cousins Regan and Quinn and my grandma were going to be coming over to help me clean out my flowerbeds.  As the title of the recipe inidicates, it has cheese so Josh wasn't going to eat it.  Had to do it when some other cheese lovers were around. 

My review the first time was not so great and I haven't tried the recipe since.  That day I had put all the ingredients in the crockpot as directed and then left for Turbo.  I picked the girls up several hours later and we came home to try it.  In just a few hours, the cauliflower had gotten so hot that it was mush. 

The taste was still good and the girls said they like it, but it was too mushy for me and my grandma. 


To me, the picture above looks more like a tuna casserole than anything else.

However, I have been really excited about the IDEA of this recipe so had vowed to try it again...just doing a few things different.

Today I fully cooked the macaroni.  When the macaroni was about half done, I put the Green Giant Three Cheese Cauliflower Steambag in the microwave. 

Drained my macaroni and then combined it back in the pan with the three cheese cauliflower. 

Cooked Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage in the microwave for 2 minutes.  I would have used a lean ground hamburger, but I already had the turkey sausage in my fridge.

Combined the turkey sausage with the cauliflower and macaroni.  Added 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge, onion powder, and ketchup and mixed it all together.






I do believe that the onion poweder was a little much, but overall, this recipe moved from a D (would have been an F if it hadn't tasted good), to being an A.  I like the convenience of crockpot cooking, but I think when cauliflower is involved, I'm going to try making the recipes the long way.




Points Scenarios
for the
WRB Challenge

You report to me through either Facebook private messaging or my personal email address that your team together:

Scenario #1

Ran 12 miles = 25 points
Submitted a personal fitness picture of any kind = 4 points
Submitted one picture of both team members doing the Deck of Cards Exercise of the Week = 2 points (1 point for submitting an additional picture and 1 point for it being a Deck of Cards Exercise picture)

Total = 30 points


Scenario #2

5 Group Exercise sessions = 15 points
Submitted a personal fitness picture of any kind = 4 points

Total = 19 points


Scenario #3

Walked 20 miles = 30 points
Ran a Race = 3 points
No pictures submitted = -3 points

Total = 30 points


Let me know if you have any questions about these scenarios or any other questions relating to points.

Remember - the main idea of this challenge is to:


GET ACTIVE
and 
HAVE FUN DOING IT! 





No comments:

Post a Comment