Monday, March 28, 2011

Who Is This Person?!?

Seriously!  I hardly recognize myself!  Not to look at, but the things I'll agree to! 

Today my friend Naomi sent me an event invite to start Building Steam next Wednesday.  For those of you reading this that are not from the Peoria Area, Building Steam is the training program that gets runners (beginning and experienced) ready for the Steamboat Classic Race.  The Steamboat Classic web site describes the race as:

"Regarded as the „World's Fastest Four Miles“, „Illinois Toughest 15K“ and “Peoria Easiest 4K”, these running events are open to runners and walkers of all ability levels."

"The Steamboat Classic Four Mile Race is famous as the world’s fastest course. All of the recognized world records for four miles have been set at the Steamboat Classic.The race starts in Downtown Peoria,makes its way to lower Glen Oak Park, returns to Downtown, and finishes with a downhill stretch to the Peoria RiverFront.  Steamboat is for more than just elite runners, we have created a new challenge, the “4-in-1”. The goal is to finish the Steamboat 4 miles in less than one hour – run, jog or walk, it can be done!"

So, what do I do?  I say yes.  I would like to say that it was with a great deal of arm twisting, but it wasn't.  I was feeling pretty good today.  Accomplished.  So, it just felt like an additional way to meet my goal.  And something with a definite start/stop time, which is exactly the way I like to go about this lifestyle change.  That's what I think of Friday/Thursday.  The start/stop of my weigh week.  So, April 6 will be the start of this new project and June 18 with be the stop time.

In the excitement of this new project, I decided to go attempt Day 1 of Couch to 5K again.  I've tried it before and it didn't stick.  But, it was at the very beginning of my lifestyle change and I was extremely out of shape.  I've come along way since September.  So, I made the attempt....and I succeeded.  Finished Day 1!  Very exciting!  Here is a before and somewhere in the middle picture in case you missed it on facebook  ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment