Sunday, March 6, 2011

8 Can Soup (Could Be 9)

As a result of my fabulous night out last night (which truely was fabulous and now I'm satisfied for a while), I knew that I was going to have to be good for the rest of the week. So in preparation I put on a pot of a new soup recipe I was given. A girl at work had already made it and had it for lunch at work...it smelled fabulous! I tried it tonight and it was pretty good. I would probably add a little spice to it next time...which I was forewarned I should do, but forgot ;o)

8 Can Soup

1 can Chili with Beans (I used Hormel Chili - Turkey with Beans)
1 can Chili without Beans (I used Hormel Chili - Turkey without Beans)
1 can Mixed Vegetables
1 can Green Beans
1 can Diced Potatoes
1 can Corn
1 can Carrots
1 can Diced Tomatoes

If you would like to make it a 9 can soup - you can add mushrooms ;o)

Just add each can to your crock pot without draining them and let them cook all day (or overnight).

For my Weight Watcher friends...it is 7 points for a 3 cup servings.

On another topic.....I am sooooooooo sore. Yesterday I did Turbo Sport and it KILLS my legs. Then, because of what I planned on eating last night, I walked another 2 miles afterwards. I have NEVER done additional exercise after Turbo. Then about an hour or two later I walked AGAIN up and down a very steep hill with my mom. I don't know if it was one of these things or the combination of all of them, but I feel like I spent 2 hours straight in a squat....OMG!

And speaking of squats...It was very windy yesterday and I'm assuming that in some spots it would have been difficult for even a sober person to light a cigarette. When I was on my way to my mom's house yesterday, I saw a man along Sterling who was OBVIOUSLY drunk trying to light a cigarette. He was staggering, almost fell over ontop of one of those green utility boxes that comes out of the ground up to about waist level. Then he put both hands up to his mouth, the one holding the cigarette and the other blocking the wind and he planted his feet down firmly on the sidewalk into a squat that I would swear Philicia Moll taught him how to do. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. OK so the image of the man trying to light a cigarette... hilarious lol I'm glad you had a good night and it sounds like you got great works outs this weekend. FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete