Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4:30 Wake Up!

I REALLY REALLY like my sleep. So when the alarm (which I despise) goes off at 4:30 in the morning I immediately ask myself, "WHY?! WHY?!" But I got up. If I didn't get up on the first day of March Madness, it would not bode well for my plan.

One of the things that I like second to sleep, showers. So it took me a long time to get out the of the shower. (Yes, I take a shower BEFORE and AFTER I work out when I work out in the morning).

But eventually I was up, out of the shower, and dressed. And by that time, I was feeling good and happy I was up. I had already gotten on the scale and found that as of today, I am at the weight I wanted to be at by Friday. Hopefully that lasts.

Isaura and I walked 2 miles and then biked a little over a mile.

Afterwards I was in such a good mood all day. I really do love my am workouts...

And for my 2nd workout of the day - my favorite! Turbo Kick! Both Nikki and I got there early so we sat and talked. Jenn M. joined us and we discussed her training for her first 5K. So excited for her. I'm unofficially training for one. It would be nice if I could run one by the end of the year, but it is not a primary goal.

Nikki started Turbo Sport and I have mixed feelings. Probably something that I just need to do a few times. It definitely was HARD on my legs! I need to work on my core so that my kicks get better. But at any rate had a great workout.

Philicia (my Wednesday night Turbo instructor) ended up laughing at me from across the room during the leg portion of the cool down. I didn't know we were going to be doing legs and so didn't grab a mat. Apparently I kinda looked funny leaning across my exercising ball watching everybody while I waited patiently for Abs.

Who brings cookies to the gym? Me! I had promised Nikki some of my WW Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies. So after class, Nikki, Phi, and Claudia tried them, while getting some funny looks from the walkers on the track.

So, I ended my day feeling really good about my workouts on the first day of March Madness as well as the people that I chose to go through the process with. I am very happy with life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment