Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WRB Challenge - Week 7 Results - Why didn't you guys tell me I'm crazy!?!

So really?  Why when I said this was the last week didn't you guys ask me who I was to think I could reorganize the calendar?   LOL

There is a whole other week that we can work towards our goals!!!!  Yay!!!!!  (I know that's what you were saying  ;o)   So, we WILL still have the challenge from the 25th through the 30th.

But, how did you do in Week 7?  Let me tell you!

As a group:

Ran:  14.4 miles
Walked:  63.7 miles
Lost:  15.8 pounds

Individually:

Amber Selman  - Walked 5 miles and lost 5 pounds
Christine White - Walked 12 miles and lost 1 pound
Bobbi Millinger - Walked/eliptical 17 miles and lost 3 pounds
Meredith Zietlow - Ran 8 miles, walked 6, did 3 classes, lost 3 pounds
DeAnna Johnson - Walked 9 miles, ran 2
Me - Ran 4.4 miles, walked 3.6 miles, lost 3.8 pounds

I hope that I don't embarrass her, but I HAVE to tell you what Christine White posted on her page just now.  In fact, I think I'll just copy and paste her status. 

A few things have excited me this week...all my weight loss peeps will understand...
1 - Someone I haven't seen in a while told me I look awesome and have I lost a lot of weight
2 - Went to a work lunch at Granite City, and could cross my legs AND sit up to the table.
3 - Had to readjust my seat in my car, and my mirrors because I finally realized my tippy toe was driving!!


I can not tell you how excited I am to see a post like this from one of our WRB Challengers.  Since Christine actually works out with me, I have been able to see how hard she is working.  Christine and I have know each other since 1996, and I would say that since then we have both battled our weight. 

Christine - How empowering is it that you can say this is happening?  Doesn't it feel awesome?

Last week Bobbi Millinger wrote me (an extra message, not in her WRB update) and said she just had to tell me how she had fit into a pair of "pre-pregnancy" jeans and was dancing around the house while her young sons laughed at her. 

Again, I hope I didn't embarrass Bobbi, but these non scale victories are absolutely amazing and should let you know that you are doing something absolutely FABULOUS for yourself and for your friends and family.  How wonderful is that you are going to be so healthy that they will have you lively and active for so long!

I am truely proud of all of you!  Send me pics this week!!!!

4 comments:

  1. No I am not embarrassed at all, the funny thing is before I started losing weight, and discussing weight struggles issues with my new found friends :) (Jennifer for sure is one of them) - I WAS embarrassed to talk about anything weight related...now I am super proud of what I have done, and the motivation people like Jennifer give me.

    It does feel SO awesome to have little things like this happen...great pick me up and reminder of why I am working so freaking hard at what I am doing. Its a lifestyle change that I never thought I could ever do....but I am, and I will keep on doing it....:)

    Thank Jennifer for your awesome blog and motivation, and bugging the heck out of me to join Turbo, which I LOVE by the way :)...you have really pushed me to another level that I was afraid of...but I am rockin it out now..so watch out world here I come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on almost 4 lbs in a week! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - I totally understand what you mean about being embarrassed in the past. Now that I know what I know, I find it hard to believe that I allowed myself to feel that embarrassement for so long. It feels so good to be on the journey that we are on.

    I am soooooo glad that you LOVE Turbo and I'm not even going to say that I'm sorry about bugging the heck out of you ;o)

    You most certainly can make this lifestyle change and I totally have faith that it will continue.

    And you are most welcome although it is all you. I talk to others about fitness because I love to see everyone else succeed as much as I love it when I do. And it is great motivation to me to see and hear of your accomplishments - so THANK YOU! You push me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jess! It does feel good...but it would feel better if it wasn't that I was playing catch up since I gained a few pounds since Steamboat....But the real point is that I haven't given up! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete