Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Months Down

So, it just dawned on me that as of August 6th, I will have 10 months down on my fitness journey.  It's hard to believe that I've been working that long.  It's been so much fun that I can't believe it hasn't been 3 months!

So, there was a time when there was no way I would post a picture like this.  In fact, it was taken a year ago this past Sunday at my very first NASCAR Nationwide Race.  I LOVE NASCAR and this day was like a holiday for me.  Yet, I didn't post this picture on Facebook.  And I'm a facebook photo whore  ;o)

July 17, 2010

WOW!  Unbelievable.  I just told Josh he's just been being nice the last couple of years. 

Up until the start of April and Building Steam, I was doing Turbo a minimum of 3 times a week but for a while I was doing 4 Turbo classes AND 1 R.I.P.P.E.D class a week.

March 3, 2011

But since the start of Building Steam, I have not done my Wednesday night Turbo class which I REALLY miss.  And because I was striving so hard for a good finish in the Steamboat Classic, I felt my extra Thursday night workouts were too much.

So, I've cut down to 2 Turbo classes a week at the very best, and some weeks only 1.

I was telling Naomi tonight that in regards to workouts, Turbo feels like my thing.  It's the first thing to get me excited about losing weight, which is an aspect that always makes an activity special to someone. 

     
    

I have specific goals revolving around learning to teach Turbo.

And so tonight I made a decision on what August was going to be for me.


TURBO MONTH!!!!!!


Since Sole Sisters is meeting at the Riverplex on Wednesdays starting next week, I'll be able to do Turbo and then join the Sole Sisters at the end. 

Without putting any pressure on myself, I am going to try to see how much weight I can lose in August. 



I DANCE, I SWEAT, I TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!



7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of Turbo Month ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - I thought you might!

    Danielle - you got it to post! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya gotta do what you love, find your passion... I too have found that's the important part of losing weight. Congrats on the new you! You've come so far in 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess...I really do love running (or at least the accomplishment I feel after I am done) so I'm going to keep at it. But I do think I need to refocus on the goals that I set for myself too...See ya on Wednesday! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks so much for including those pics of us. I have never seen a side-by-side of myself and that really puts things into perspective. You are awesome and I am so grateful to be on this journey with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most welcome ;o) I was so excited to see the number 5 next to my "Followers". Even more that it was you! LOL!

    It does really put it into perspective, doesn't it!?!

    ReplyDelete