Monday, July 11, 2011

First Day Back Into the Gym

Awwwwww....I feel better!

Came straight home from work and got into my gym clothes.  I was so excited.  I missed the gym soooo much.

I walked half a mile, jogged 1 mile, and then walked another half mile.  When I started the first walk I wondered if I REALLY wanted to do this...but about 2 laps into the run I started feeling really good about it.  My knees did feel "funny".  I still won't say that they hurt.  But they felt tight.  They felt like I was sucking them in like I would suck in my tummy.  But since I had no pain and I wasn't out of breathe I kept going.  And then I stretched my quads and I felt really good afterwards.

Some observations that I made today:
  • My body (and mind) really craves the physical activity now.
  • Even though I took a week off, I was still about around the same pace.  I jogged the mile in 13:46.
  • I ran the whole mile.  I know this seems like it should be given by now, but when I run by myself, I tend to not push myself as hard.
  • I was able to do all 2 miles before my playlist ended...I used to need an extra 2 or 3 songs.
  • I actually had to make myself stop.  I kinda wanted to keep going, but didn't want to over do it.
And so now I'm.......................................................


I hope it helps!  I'm so happy to have gotten active today.

No comments:

Post a Comment