Thursday, April 28, 2011

Intimidating Turbo

"We watched your Turbo class for a little while and I have to admit, it looks a little intimidating.  But I will try it sometime." 

This was said to me by my friend and co-worker who has heard of practically nothing from me other than Turbo talk since I started in October.  (You guys think YOU hear it from me!  Imagine sitting next to me for 8 hours a day 5 days a week!)  She joined the Riverplex within the past month and is loving it.  She is working on the eliptical and a few other machines, as well as taking advantage of the pool with her fiance and son. 

She new what the first thing I was going to say was because she immediately followed it up with, "I know that you can do it at your own pace, but I don't think I'm ready yet." 

And while I will encourage anyone who wants to try it but is a little intimidated to come on in and give us 3 chances, I do completely understand the need to feel comfortable.  I think that you need to be comfortable in order for it to 1) be fun and 2) avoid injury. 

I think I have said before that in order to be successful at diet and fitness you really have to be ready for the change.  I think being ready for it includes being comfortable, and that's going to come in phases. 

But please know, that if you think that you would be even a little bit interested and maybe aren't 100% comfortable but the curiosity is getting the better of you, please come join us!  We LOVE it when new people try it out.  We LOVE to get new people addicted! 

And, with the group that I Turbo with at the Riverplex, we are really excited to encourage each other to work towards their goals.  And we travel from gym to gym together.  It is great to have a network of friends who are working towards the same goals as you.

Hope to see you soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment