Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hungry Girl - iHungry Spaghetti Tacos

Success!!!!

I was pretty sure that Josh wasn't going to like them and I was even beginning to think neither was I.  I'm not sure why.  But I bought a Tombstone pizza just in case. 

I gave Josh the first plate and watched him while he tried it.  He took a bite, looked at me, and nodded his head.  He said, "They are pretty good.  Yeah, they are really good."  I said, "Really?"  And he said that he really liked them.  I tried them and I had to agree.  They were awesome.  I asked Josh one more time and he said he wished I had made more.  I actually hadn't made them all so I went in and finished them up.  Josh ate 7 and I ate 3.  ;o)

Here is a picture of the ingredients I used.  Not included in the picture is the lettuce and reduced fat cheddar cheese.

iHungry Spaghetti Tacos

Per Serving (1/3rd of recipe, 2 tacos);  253 calories, 7g fat, 778mg sodium, 29.58 carbs, 6 fiber, 4g sugars, 18g protein.  These nutritional facts are from the cookbook if you use the exact ingredients from the recipe.  I did not and so will list what I used in paranthesis next to the ingredients in the book.

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (Morningstar Farms Veggie Grillers burger style recipe crumbles)
3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
1 bag House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute (Barilla Whole Grain Linguine)
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
6 corn flat bottomed taco shells (we used 10)
3/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (reduced fat)
1/3 cup chopped onion (did not use onion)
1/2 cup shredded lettuce

Place soy crumbles in a nicrowave-safe bowl and sprinkle with taco seasoning.  Microwave for 1 minute, or until hot.  Stir and set aside.

Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles well.  Pat dry.  Place noodles in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute.  Drain excess liquid.  Dry as thoroughly as possible, using paper towels.  Cut noodles up a bit with kitchen shears (if you've got 'em)

Add the crushed tomatoes and seasoned crumbles to the bowl of noodles and mix well.  Microwave for another minute, until hot.

Give spaghetti mixture a stir and then evenly distribute among the taco shells, about 1/3 cup per shell.  Top each evenly with cheese, onion, and lettuce.




Josh liked the veggie grillers burger style crumbles, but I wasn't a fan.  Next time I will use a lean beef.





They were very messy.  But sooooo good! 

I highly recommend that you try them if you are wanting to find something different.

If you read this post, please say hi as a comment below.  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment