Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Been a Week!?!

Has it really been a whole week since I've blogged!?!  Well, I guess that means I should have been busy enough to have something to say.  ;o)

Okay...had planned on starting my 3 times a week running schedule this week, but weather didn't cooperate and as a new runner, I'm not at a point that I can just brave it.  So, ended up not running on Monday night. 

We had the most AWESOME Turbo Kick class on Tuesday night.  We came ready to PARTY  and we did!  It was super loud.  And that 32 finale kicked my a$$.  I not only hit the puke stage that night, I really had to concentrate on NOT puking.  It was touch and go for about 10 minutes.

Wednesday night was Orientation night for Building Steam.  Could be described as a pep rally for running and the event.  Over 700 people showed up to take part.  Several of the leaders spoke and talked about starting Building Steam and now they've ran multiple marathons.  Maybe that will be me one day!  There was an optional run afterwards on the trail on the riverfront, but after sitting on a gym floor for 45 minutes, my back wasn't having it!  So we ran a little bit, but walked most of it. 



After Building Steam on Wednesday, I learned that a family of a friend of mine had their home vandalized.  The vandals wrote horrible hate speech directed at my friend's two young (4 and 5) daughters who have down syndrome in red spray paint all over their home and car.  Not only did this happen to a friend, but it also happened in my home town.  So when I heard that people were getting together to hang blue ribbons in Central Park I had to go. No workout on Thursday, BUT, I also was not home to eat a lot.  But I really do plan on getting back to RIPPED this coming Thursday!  I miss it!



Another note about Thursday, I had hit the 30 pound mark when I weighed myself that morning. 

However, as far as my Weight Watchers tracker is concerned, I've only lost 28.8 pounds.  Because that's what the scale showed on Friday morning, my official weigh day.  I was disappointed about not being at 30 pounds lost; however, I had lost 3 pounds this week, so that is a success. 

Last night we went to dinner and a movie with Josh's family.  I had known all week that we were going to Texas Roadhouse.  All week I went back and forth on do I splurge or not?  I had even already put in my ribeye steak, baked potatoe, butter, sour cream, rolls, and ranch dressing in my Weight Watchers tracker. 

But I ended up only eating one dinner roll, with not nearly as much cinnamon butter as I usually use, and a salad.  I didn't pick the BEST salad on the menu health wise, but I'm okay with it because I picked a salad over a ribeye steak.  The salad did taste great though.  I felt good about my decision.  Can't say that I will always make that choice (can't even say I'll make it often), but I'm glad I made it last night.  And when I got off work I ate some popcorn (too much) so I decided to use some discipline and did not eat any at the movie.

Turbo was awesome this morning!  Got a sneak peak at the Turbo that we will be learning on Tuesday night...I think it looks like something I will like better then past Turbos.  No running from one side of the room to another and only 6 tuck jumps.  I'm not a fan of tuck jumps.



Then I came home and ran.  The other night when I got home from Building Steam I drove my running route in my neighborhood and determined where my start and finish would be if I wanted to time myself on a mile.  I did so today.  I'm not real excited about my time of 17 minutes for a mile, but I do have a few qualifiers of maybe why it was that high.

  • I had already done an hour of Turbo.
  • I still used week 1 of Couch to 5K (I'm not going to move up to the next week till I've actually ran it 3 times in a week - or Couch to 5K twice and then training for Building Steam).
  • There are 2 hills on my route  ;o)  I know I'm reaching......
But, I'm very excited about the potential progress.  I'm hoping that on Monday when my run is my only workout that I will already see my time drop. 

Any predictions on what my final time will be on the day of Steam Boat?

No comments:

Post a Comment