Sunday, April 10, 2011

2nd Attempt

I learned last night that the slowest group for Building Steam will be a 13 minute mile.  I got to thinking that my 17 minute mile wasn't going to cut it.  And I also felt like I could do better than a 17 minute mile. 

I wondered if I tracked my mile in the neighborhood wrong.  I really didn't think so, but I was surprise by the 17 minute mile.

So I got up this morning and went to the gym to run on the track.  I also decided to skip to the 3rd week of Couch to 5K. 

My first mile was still 17 minutes.  So, I guess I did track the distance correctly in my neighborhood.

But, it still didn't feel right.  I guess I didn't feel like I had challenged myself enough if that's the fastest I could run it.

I decided to run another one, but this time I was going to do it with music that makes me bouncy at work.  With Couch to 5K I was running when it told me to and walking when it told me to.  I decided to run when I felt like I could run and walk only when i really needed to.

That got me a 14 minute mile.  Now that I'm happy with.

Just finished icing my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment