Thursday, September 15, 2011

I've Been Thinking...

I know we all feel like there aren't enough hours in the day.  We all end the day wishing there was more that we got done or that we had had more fun. 

I feel like I'm doing wonderful things.  I'm so active and most always busy.  But, I don't feel like I'm consistent or am doing some of the things that are most important.  As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes I'm taking the easy way out of my day.

About a month or two ago, one of my Sole Sisters "liked" a page on facebook that caught my interest.


I am very excited about reading this book!  I think I'm going to make it my plan to read it before the end of the year...and then if I believe in what it is saying, then I will make it my goal to put it into practice in 2012. 

One of the things I've joked about is that this book is going to tell me that I sleep TOO DAMN MUCH.  It's going to tell me, "Jennifer Stanley, get your lazy butt out of bed and start doing something."  I know, some of you are going to say that I'm so active...and I am, compared to a year ago.  But, I still take any moment I can to sleep. 

I sleep until the very last moment I can, and then am jealous when I see adults on tv take leisurely trips out to the curb for the mail in the morning in their robes.  Who has time for that?  People who don't sleep their life away!

So, I'm going to try to start getting up earlier in the day and getting some stuff done before work.  Then I can have some coffee before getting into the shower!  Oh, how I LOVE that thought!  (not the getting up, but coffee before shower).  Now, I know I've said this before, but I've also said that I'd lose weight before and then didn't....but look at me now  ;o)  Every failure gets me closer to success!

I may run in the morning, I may study, I may clean my kitchen.  But, I'm going to try it.  And then in the evening I can lift, I can run some more, I can do Turbo...but the options are more widely open. 

Let's see how this goes  ;o) 

1 comment:

  1. I love my early mornings! Quite frankly it's the only time of the day that I get to myself. I find that when I get up at 5-5:30ish every day for a good week or two, it becomes routine and easy. At first, it can be exhausting though. But it's totally worth that quiet cup of coffee before the house arises... or the early morning run at sunrise!

    ReplyDelete