Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 1 Weigh-in & Taco Rolls Recipe Review

Today's blog is brought to you by the number:


Yes...that is right.  Today was my weigh-in following my first week back at Weight Watchers and I lost 3 pounds.  This was very exciting for me.  Judging by my own scale at home, I was counting on 3 or 4; I was very pleased.




Here are a few things that I attribute my first week's weight loss too:

  1. I tracked the majority of my days before they arrived.  That way I was not trying to decide in real time what I should eat to stay within my points.
  2. I drank A LOT of water!  I mean a LOT!

And....


I didn't have to be perfect in order to lose the 3 pounds.  On Saturday at my family's Father's Day cookout, I ate two different kinds of potato dishes.  A potato salad and also a party potato dish that had a white cheese and sour cream in it.  It was delicious!  But, I was just careful to make sure that I only had 1 spoonful of both.  

Then on Sunday I made one of Josh's favorites which originated from the Hungry Girl cookbooks.   However, for whatever reason, even though I use whole wheat noodles and instead of spaghetti sauce I use a can of diced tomatoes, I just can't get my Spaghetti Tacos to be within a points range that I am comfortable with.  It might have to be a once a month kind of splurge.  

Basically, my week was full of bell peppers, cucumbers, bananas, and apples which are all a zero points value so I can eat as many of them as I want.  So, my approach is to eat smaller portions of what I like to eat and then fill up the rest of the way with the fruits and vegetables.  

And when I say a lot of water....I really do mean this.  I don't mean more than I was drinking...I mean a lot for even the regular water drinker.  In order to make sure that I get my daily requirement (over my daily requirement) I take a 74 oz jug of water to work.  And I usually have that done by 2:00ish.  Then I will get more water from the vending machine.  I spend a lot of time in the bathroom.  

So, in keeping up with the success book that I bought last week, I got a Bravo sticker in the meeting today for losing the 3 pounds and then sharing with the group what I did.  


While getting star stickers was something that we got when we were in the early stages of grade school and may seem childish to some, it really is nice to be able to put the sticker in your book and as time progresses I will be able to see all my successes.  I am bound to have "down" weeks, and having this visual will help remind me of what I can do.

I should also note, the meeting went much better than it did last week.  The regular leader was there and I really liked her.  The couple I was not comfortable with was not there and there were some newer faces.  Only about 4 that I recognized from last week.  I still don't know if this is the right meeting for me and am tempted to visit the Thursday morning meeting with my friend Stephanie...but I'm going to give it a few more weeks.

Recipe Review - Taco Rolls

I was really excited to try this recipe.  One of the things that Josh and I like to make from my Hungry Girl recipes are little cups made out of wonton wraps.  We fill them with things like salad, meatballs, sloppy joes...

I was looking for some wonton wraps at the grocery store and found them next to egg roll wraps.  I was thinking to myself what I could do with these.  I decided to buy a pack and I was going to fill them with chicken with either bbq sauce or salsa in them.  Of course with cheese in  mine and then Josh's without.  

As mentioned earlier, Josh and I had Spaghetti Tacos on Sunday night.  I always over-estimate how  much meat I need, so I had lots left over.  I decided to use this meat to make some Taco Rolls.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of taco meat (has diced tomatoes mixed in)
  • 6 egg roll wraps
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheese



Put a spoonful of the meat on a flat egg roll wrap.  Spread a little cheese on top.  I did also put lettuce in mine, but we agreed that it should be left out next time.  

Roll the wrap up like an egg roll.  Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.  



They were delicious.  A total redemption on my failed recipe from Sunday.  And they were 4 points a piece and they were filling.  

If you try the recipe, be sure to stop back in and tell us how you liked it.  

Hope everyone has a good week....until the next post.  





3 comments:

  1. Recipe sounds good! I made baked chicken in foil packets with small red potatoes. I added some bbq sauce in mine too! Near the end I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top at the end. Ill let ya know if i try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe sounds good! I made baked chicken in foil packets with small red potatoes. I added some bbq sauce in mine too! Near the end I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top at the end. Ill let ya know if i try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete