Saturday, November 19, 2011

New Recipe - BLT Wonton Cups!

It has been sooooo long since I've blogged!  Oh how I've missed it!

Tonight Josh and I tried a new Hungry Girl recipe.  Well, a Hungry Girl idea; I didn't use the actual Hungry Girl recipe.  And I did two versions: one for me and one for Josh.  And that's actually something that I really liked about this recipe.  It was easy enough to do the healthier recipe for me and then one more fitted to Josh's eating style without much fuss.

Ingredients:

Wonton wraps
Shredded lettuce
Bacon (chopped into pieces)
Cherry tomatoes
Shredded cheese
Ranch dressing
Pam cooking spray
Cupcake pan

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Spray your cupcake pan with Pam cooking spray.  Line each cup in the pan with a wonton wrap.  Spray the wraps with Pam cooking spray once they are all in the pan.



Bake the wonton wraps for 8 minutes, or until crispy.  Cups will slide right out of the pan.



In a bowl, mix your shredded lettuce, bacon pieces, tomatoes, cheese, and ranch.

Fill the wonton cups with your BLT salad.



Josh does not like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, or ranch dressing....so, we made him Bacon and Meatball Wonton Cups with BBQ sauce.  He really liked them.  When I asked if it would be okay if I made them again he said that he thought it would be a great idea.  His grade for the recipe:  A





This is also a very affordable meal too.  I only used half a package of wonton wraps.  And you can really put just about anything in them.  I will be doing a lot of experimenting.  We thought that sloppy joes or pulled pork would be good ideas.  I will also try a breakfast mixture.  Very excited about the options.

If you try a version of the recipe, be sure to let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment