Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm not saying I want to go to Nashville and become a Country Star!

People were skeptical when I set a goal of losing 100 pounds.

People didn't think that I could do it when I set my short term goal at 50 pounds.  But, I've lost it and I'm on my way to the 100 pounds. 

People didn't think I could run when I said I was going to run a 5K this year.  Yet, last week, I completed a 4 mile race as my first race ever.  By the way, a 5K is 3.1 miles. 

So, why is it that when I say I would like to become a personal fitness trainer and fitness life coach, people are still skeptical?  Why do I get the idea that people think these ideas are absurd?

It is true that I've led a pretty sedentary adult life.  My hobbies prior to 2011 were reading and crochet, which one past boyfriend once referred to as "sit on your ass hobbies".  (You may have an idea of one reason he and I are no longer together.)

I do understand people being leary at first to put too much faith in the personal change.  However, I think at this point I've proven myself.  I don't know...I realize I have lost a good amount of weight before, just to gain it back.  But, I did it much differently before and not with the same support that I have now.  And it could be said that the things I'm looking to do are the types of things that will help continue with this lifestyle change.

So, I'm just thinking....I find it funny that it seems like I'm getting the same responses from people when I say I want to be a personal fitness trainer and fitness life coach as though I had just said I want to be the first woman to play NBA basketball or I want to move to Nashville and pursue a country singing career.  Although if I wanted to do that, I think people should believe in me.  But, even I recognize that those things are much more far fetched than the goals I have.

So, I'm going to pursue my current dreams until I have a reason to believe that they will be utterly unattainable.  What happened to, "You can be anything you want to be?"

1 comment:

  1. I believe you can do it! Having not seen or talked with you much for the past few years, your determination of late has been very inspiring and genuine and I have complete confidence in your newest goal!! You CAN do it!!

    ReplyDelete