Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Working the Plan

I've been working towards my goal hard core since October.  Sometimes harder than others.  And sometimes, I am working the eating part harder than the exercise part and then vise versa.

This morning I decided that I have been working the exercise part harder than the eating.  I haven't been eating horrible...I mean, I've still been losing.  Last week I lost 3 pounds.  So, I'm still burning more calories than what I'm taking in.  But I can say that I think my weight loss would be more substantial if I evened out my focus.  Gave a little more love to the WW plan (which I really do LOVE) and see what happens.  But at the same time, I want to continue my workouts at the same intensity as planned.

I've said before that for me to be successful, I have to plan.  And I still stand by that.  I would say that I have been laxed in my planning.  Last night for the first time in maybe a month I actually entered in advance all my exercise and food for the week in my WW tracker.  I haven't quit tracking, but I was doing it as I ate.  I am better if I put it in in advance.

But my weakest moments are in the evening.  I am fine during the work day.  I take my breakfast. lunch, and snacks to work and that's what I eat.  Even when other people bring snacks for everyone else.  I am not tempted.  Okay, maybe tempted, but I don't give into it. 

I think the key to why I'm successful during the work day is that I'm pretty much scheduled as to when I can eat.  I haven't been given that schedule, but I basically eat every 2 hours or so.  Now that my schedule has changed I eat breakfast and lunch a little later.  More like 2 1/2 to 3 hours apart. 

I've decided to implement that same strategy while I'm at home.  Today I wrote out a schedule for the rest of the week.  Taking into account what time my workouts are planned, I scheduled what time I would eat snacks and dinner. 

I got off work today at 3:30.  I ate my scheduled banana at 4:00.  Dinner at 5:00 (a little early after a snack, but had to give it enough time to digest before TURBO), and I will have a serving of yogurt at 9:00 when I get home. 

So far, with knowing what time I am scheduled to eat, I haven't thought about food outside of those times.  Now, I realize this is only day one trying this out.  But, I know myself, and I'm pretty sure this is going to work. 

I'll keep you updated.   ;o)

P.S.  Turbo rocked tonight!  It was great!  I'm super excited to do this routine for the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment