Monday, March 21, 2011

"Middle of the Week"

My weigh week starts on Friday. Sunday is nearing the middle of my week, and Monday is definitely the middle.

I do tend to allow myself to go over my Weight Watchers points early in the week (Friday and Saturday...sometimes Sunday). I do ALOT of activity during the week. I have ALOT of time to make up for any indescretions I make through the weekend.

I had planned on being semi-good on Sunday. But I was going out to eat.

On Saturday night, I went on Applebees' web site, looked up the nutritional facts of the things that I like to eat there, and figured points. I LOVE the Chicken Fajita Roll-up, but it is 28 points. I wasn't really wanting to spend 28 points on one thing. I finally decided that I was going to have the Cowboy Burger (not great but 22 points) and instead of the fries that came with it, I was going to get a side salad (with the ranch dressing I was going to use would be 6 points).

But then I got to Applebees and opened the menu. I shouldn't have even looked. I knew I liked the Cowboy Burger; I had had it the last time I was there (before I was doing WWs). And I should have told myself I wasn't really there for the food, I was there to visit with my friend.

I saw the battered fish and chips and talked myself into and out of the idea several times. Settling on eating it.

And we got an appetizer ***she admits in a whisper***

But, although my lunch was high in points, I didn't do as bad when you compare how that meal would have gone in the past. I would have eaten my share of the appetizer, all of my fish, all of my french fries, and all of my coleslaw.

Here is what I did eat: my share of the appetizer, 1 1/2 of the pieces of fish, and half of the colesalw. So, I left a little bit of everything on my plate. Actually ALL my fries. I didn't even think of them. That is really surprising.

Today I'm making an attempt to repair the damage. My menu for the day:

Breafast: banana and a 100% Whey Protein Banana Shake
Lunch: apple and a 100% Whey Protein Cookies and Cream Shake
Afternoon Snack: apple and banana
Dinner: Left over Chicken Scaloppini, mashed potatoes and green beans.
Evening Snack: banana boat made with PB2

Can't wait to see what it did for me today. I plan on doing this again on Thursday to prepare for my Friday weigh day.

Oh, and I also did TurboFire in my garage ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment